Foster homes are the core of the Carolina Basset Hound Rescue program and without the foster home’s love and generosity, Carolina Basset Hound Rescue would cease to exist. Fostering is a fun and rewarding experience; you get to watch a possibly scared, underweight, homeless hound blossom into a loving, affectionate, house pet that will become a treasured addition for any home. Learn more.
The Carolina Basset Hound Rescue program helps bassets throughout North and South Carolina. That is a lot of area to cover. We are constantly in need of volunteers to help get a basset from a shelter to the veterinary hospital or his foster home. Learn more.
Carolina Basset Hound Rescue requires that any family wishing to foster or adopt a basset hound have an approved home visit. We receive applications from all over both states and always need volunteers to conduct these visits. The more timely we can get complete a home visit the sooner a basset gets a new home. Learn more.
The best way for us to showcase our dogs and the organization is to participate in local events. We participate in small events like meet and greet get-togethers at local pets stores and large events like the two-day Azalea Festival in Wilmington, NC. CBHR also hosts many events throughout both states. Learn more.
There are lots of ways you can volunteer with just a small commitment of time.
- Do you travel a lot with work and do not have a lot of extra time? Maybe you could hang flyers about our program along your route.
- Are you crafty? We can always use unique, handmade items for our raffle and auction items.
- Do you like to sew? Our bassets would love to sport a cute “Adopt Me” bandana or vest when visiting events.
- Is your hobby photography? You know how a great basset picture speaks volumes. We need people to visit with our foster bassets and capture their spirit on film. Great photographs of events are always needed too.
- Do you like to chitchat about all things basset hound? We always need people to answer our incoming information phone line. We will train you for this; no special skills are necessary.